Cicero - Terrain Log - Realm of Tim 3 - Fields of Aeos

Everything to do with Tabletop Terrain.
pez5767

Re: Cicero - Terrain Log - Realm of Tim

Post by pez5767 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Wow, just seeing your work for the first time. You are going to have a table set to be proud of. Really awesome work. I'm inspired.
Orks:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3259

WIP: (Whatever I'm up to:)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1496

Incarnet

Post by Incarnet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:32 am

Darkmurphy wrote:Just remember to test it first. I picked up a clear crackle medium from a craft store. I added the color I wanted and applied it. It did not crack as much as I had hoped. I'm not sure if it was because I added the other paint to it or if that was normal for it because I never got around to more tests.
Did you clear coat prior to the application? A lot of people seem to have problems with Vallejo's crackle medium unless they gloss coat the area prior to application (it supposedly has to do with the medium needing a level surface iirc).

Darkmurphy

Post by Darkmurphy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 am

No, but I can see the logic in that. Thanks for the tip.

cicero

Post by cicero » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:49 pm

@Darkmurphy: Thanks mate :) Hopefully battle over it soon
pez5767 wrote:Wow, just seeing your work for the first time. You are going to have a table set to be proud of. Really awesome work. I'm inspired.
Coming from a hobby guru like pez man this means a lot :)

I've been spending most of my time on winter boards lately... lots of inspiration in the 1:1 scale stuff from time to time.

In preperation for a battle this sunday, had a bit of a hobby night. The most important part is enthusiastic helpers

This is building #5... only need 1 more to be able to play the cities of death missions

2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 pm

You are bonkers.

I love it.

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

Lol thanks Adam. I finished it tonight, hopefully get some action shots in tomorrow :) Only hiccup in the plan may be that my nephew is in the middle of being born tonight. I figure we will have the game tomorrow in morning before visiting happens.

cicero

Post by cicero » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Thanks to my pal Ben for an awesome game of 40k :) This was one of the most cinematic games of 40k ever played by either of us.

The forces were Blood Pact (Ben - IA13) and Arkosan 74th Shock Infantry (Tim - Militarum Tempestus)

The board:

+++Code: Winter. Recon-5 confirm Blood Pact armoured units moving north through the manufactorum. Heavy enemy infantry support is present in support of the advance.

Command chimera in the center of the column believed to be personal transport of enemy general.+++

+++Code Winter acknowledged, Recon-5. Assassinorum operative on the ground has confirmed kill on enemy AA asset.+++

+++Air support inbound. Grav-chute insertion has destroyed enemy command vehicle and the enemy general is falling back.+++

+++The LZ is hot! Elimination of enemy command units sanctioned at any cost.+++

A few shots of the new building:

This game was a ton of fun. Even though the blood pact suffered the loss of the majority of their AA capability on the first turn, and had very little success in damaging the Tempestus aircraft, the sheer number of bodies present allowed them to flood the field and control the cities of death objectives well enough to gain a decided lead in points.

Tempestus units are extremely fun to play... but suffer from fragility once boots hit the ground. The ability to get in and perform a surgical strike on key enemy units is fantastic... even if it costs a lot of Scion men and women their lives...

The vindicare was an indispensable unit. Not only did he blow up a hydra, he also killed a traitor astartes sorcerer who was summoning daemons.

In the end the tempestus were unable to go shot for shot with the traitor guard forces. The amount of effective units available to the renegades and heretics list is incredible. Tempestus losses were complete, but they managed to eliminate 2 enemy hq's.

Thanks again Ben :)

Gigantor

Re: Cicero - Terrain Log - Cities of Death Mini-Batrep

Post by Gigantor » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:28 pm

That game looks awesome. The pic of the Avenger setting up for a strafing run is spectacular. That new building turned out really well as well. Are you going to go back and weather the roof a little bit more? And maybe sponge some of the base colour on over the aquila to make it look faded like the lines onr the streets?

Damnit now I want to play Cities of Death!
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

cypher226

Post by cypher226 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Looks like a great game! Those ruins look excellent, and I love the Knight's faceplate on the statue - I'll be borrowing that idea when I pick up a second Honoured Imperium set :)

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Incredible work, as always.

Return to “Tabletop Terrain”