Episode 135 - Speed Painting and Forge World Models

Have an idea, comment or complaint about the show? Be heard here.
cvtuttle
IC Staff

Re: Episode 135 - Speed Painting and Forge World Models

Post by cvtuttle » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Anubis1028 wrote:Just started listening as working on a map campaign for my store with some of the "Men of Iron" from the old fluff!

BTW Carl - I'd definitely be interested in buying old CoC stuff off your hands if any of it ends up in the thinning out pile pre-move. I lost a lot of my stuff in a terrible "not quite sealed utility tub" incident in my college days :geek:
Not getting rid of any CoC, 40k RPG stuff, or Pathfinder. The rest is pretty much on the chopping block.
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Anubis1028

Post by Anubis1028 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 pm

cvtuttle wrote:
Anubis1028 wrote:Just started listening as working on a map campaign for my store with some of the "Men of Iron" from the old fluff!

BTW Carl - I'd definitely be interested in buying old CoC stuff off your hands if any of it ends up in the thinning out pile pre-move. I lost a lot of my stuff in a terrible "not quite sealed utility tub" incident in my college days :geek:
Not getting rid of any CoC, 40k RPG stuff, or Pathfinder. The rest is pretty much on the chopping block.

Don't blame you in the least lol. Still definitely interested in seeing what is on the chopping block - for gaming I'm kind of old school and like an actual physical copy in front of me!

Anubis1028

Post by Anubis1028 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm

And I almost forgot - the revelation that there is water based wood stain is HUGE! I went and picked up a container of it yesterday :D

Adan
IC Staff

Post by Adan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:03 pm

wolftooth wrote:Name for the new room - The Cool Box.
I kinda like that...
Anubis1028 wrote:...the revelation that there is water based wood stain is HUGE!...
Agreed! I was pulling into the gas station when I heard that, and I stopped and just stared at the radio (blue-toothing from the phone). Great info.
All of my armies and current projects.

[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

Warmonger
Site Admin

Post by Warmonger » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:35 pm

I loved the Dave Paints recommendation of painting little parts of models then moving on. It for sure helps with motivation . I was recently painting 6 characters for my Corsair army , and just did whatever little part I felt like on all 6 while trying to use the same colors helped stay motivated . Like loopy said you need to find what works for you and embrace it! Progress is progress after all!

- Justin

Tallassarinus

Post by Tallassarinus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Warmonger wrote:I loved the Dave Paints recommendation of painting little parts of models then moving on. It for sure helps with motivation...
Totally! This episode inspired me to get a demi-company finished rapidly. I'd thrown them in paint stripper and scrubbed them, and then they have just sat around bullying me for over a year. Hearing this episode I developed a plan, got a can of Army Painter ultramarine blue, some GW Etherium blue, and a few other bits and pieces... 3 weeks later: 51 Ultramarines (5th Company) and a dreadnought! The focusing on doing one part on everyone REALLY helped.
"Martial strategy is a set of expedients and reactions; it resists reduction to system and scholarship." - Ancient Terran War Sage

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:13 am

Tallassarinus wrote:
Warmonger wrote:I loved the Dave Paints recommendation of painting little parts of models then moving on. It for sure helps with motivation...
Totally! This episode inspired me to get a demi-company finished rapidly. I'd thrown them in paint stripper and scrubbed them, and then they have just sat around bullying me for over a year. Hearing this episode I developed a plan, got a can of Army Painter ultramarine blue, some GW Etherium blue, and a few other bits and pieces... 3 weeks later: 51 Ultramarines (5th Company) and a dreadnought! The focusing on doing one part on everyone REALLY helped.

That's awesome! Any pictures?
Carl Tuttle

Tallassarinus

Post by Tallassarinus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:22 pm

cvtuttle wrote:That's awesome! Any pictures?
Thanks, Carl! Absolutely, see below!

I am putting pictures up in the Rogue Trader Market also - Chaos has infused every fibre of my being - I'm basically a spawn at this point, though hoping for that last minute elevation to Daemon Prince - and I want to fund an expansion of my Scourged... especially if there is a chance of a summer campaign - I'm marching for Tzeentch!

That said, I've got a huge XIII Legion project planned...
"Martial strategy is a set of expedients and reactions; it resists reduction to system and scholarship." - Ancient Terran War Sage

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:19 am

fantastic looking army dude!
Carl Tuttle

Tallassarinus

Post by Tallassarinus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:20 am

cvtuttle wrote:fantastic looking army dude!

Thanks, Carl!

Return to “Show Discussion”