Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Have an idea, comment or complaint about the show? Be heard here.
Locked
User avatar
cvtuttle
IC Staff
Posts: 5989
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Contact:

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by cvtuttle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:10 pm

TheTerrainTutor wrote:
cvtuttle wrote:A valuable resource here:

http://goingoncampaign.blogspot.com/
Sorry mate, lost access to my colcorbane gmail account and now I can't update GoC or my blog Corbania Prime :cry:
That's most disappointing!
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

User avatar
TheTerrainTutor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Staffs, UK
Contact:

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by TheTerrainTutor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:06 am

cvtuttle wrote:
TheTerrainTutor wrote:
cvtuttle wrote:A valuable resource here:

http://goingoncampaign.blogspot.com/
Sorry mate, lost access to my colcorbane gmail account and now I can't update GoC or my blog Corbania Prime :cry:
That's most disappointing!
It is but at least I can put my effort into terrain building now :-)
Helping you build better battlefields, no matter what game you play - TheTerrainTutor

User avatar
Fomite
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by Fomite » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Shameless necro, but I was listening to this episode again (I'm on a campaign kick) at the moment, and it inspired my to write up a post to fix Carl's problem, which I alluded to before, with the runaway victors:

http://variancehammer.com/2015/11/12/a- ... n-scoring/

Some simple math for the next time you run a campaign Carl, if you want to keep the Tyranids (or whoever...) in it until the end.

User avatar
cvtuttle
IC Staff
Posts: 5989
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Contact:

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by cvtuttle » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Fomite wrote:Shameless necro, but I was listening to this episode again (I'm on a campaign kick) at the moment, and it inspired my to write up a post to fix Carl's problem, which I alluded to before, with the runaway victors:

http://variancehammer.com/2015/11/12/a- ... n-scoring/

Some simple math for the next time you run a campaign Carl, if you want to keep the Tyranids (or whoever...) in it until the end.
Right on - thanks!
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

culix
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by culix » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey, longtime gamer here getting back into 40k after a hiatus since 6th Edition. Thanks for making all of these podcasts; they are fantastic. I took a lot of great notes from this episode, and have some ideas for a campaign I'd like to run next.

Would you be willing to share the Fenaris Signal campaign docs? It sounds amazing and I would love to read it.

It also looks like the Fall of Orpheus and Galus Campaign links have fallen into the Warp. Any chance of resurrecting those?

Cheers and thanks for the great podcast!

User avatar
Adan
IC Staff
Posts: 6403
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Moraga, CA (work)

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by Adan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 pm

culix wrote:Hey, longtime gamer here getting back into 40k after a hiatus since 6th Edition. Thanks for making all of these podcasts; they are fantastic. I took a lot of great notes from this episode, and have some ideas for a campaign I'd like to run next.

Would you be willing to share the Fenaris Signal campaign docs? It sounds amazing and I would love to read it.

It also looks like the Fall of Orpheus and Galus Campaign links have fallen into the Warp. Any chance of resurrecting those?

Cheers and thanks for the great podcast!

Galus was a product of the 40K Fight Club, IIRC. Head over the Facebook and look up 40K Fight Club and ping Jeff Campbell-Crowley.

You can view the Fenaris Signal document here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3BnKJ ... sp=sharing
All of my armies and current projects.


[MOD]
Red is my "moderator voice".
[/MOD]

captjackvane
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by captjackvane » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Important:All armies get Preferred Enemy (Unpainted Models). Models that are primed only do not count as painted. Painted = three colors minimum. Unpainted models and units can be used for one month from the date they are first used. After that, they cannot be used until they are painted.


This might be my new favorite house rule. That's awesome.

Locked

Return to “Show Discussion”