Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Have an idea, comment or complaint about the show? Be heard here.
cvtuttle
IC Staff

Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by cvtuttle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:35 am

Episode 105 sees us returning to the subject of Campaigns. It has been about four years since we discussed them in depth and in that time we have learned a lot about running and playing in them. We have special guest Mike with us to talk about his experiences working at Endgame Oakland and running events there.

We of course talk Hobby Progress and games played. We also have a short interview with Dave Taylor about his work for the Nova Foundation Charity Organization (Part of The Nova Open), AND we announce the two winners of the first half of the 2014 Hobby Progress Challenge. You can hear that part right at the end of the interview with Dave Taylor.

We hope you enjoy Episode 105!
http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3512

NOTE from Adan:
Here are two of the 40K Fight Club campaigns that I was in. The Galus Campaign had many iterations. It was amazing.

The Fall of Orpheus

The Galus Campaign

The use of "Endgame" in the Galus V campaign was a total coincidence. It had nothing to do with the store.
Carl Tuttle
Host of The Independent Characters

Gigantor

Re: Episode 105 - Campaigns Redux

Post by Gigantor » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks for all your hard work to crank this out this morning. It really helped make my morning better as my crew is starting at 4am all week.

Another great episode with some awesome insight into campaigns. It really opened my eyes up to why my WFB campaign had stalled out.

What happened to Justin, was he late to recording Hammerlords this week?

Also, Adan, where can I find more info on the Inquisition Wars rules? That sounds like a simple and elegant way to make a boiler plate campaign.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

MrCK

Post by MrCK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 am

Adan wrote:Yes. Search "EndGame 40K Players" on Facebook. If it won't let you see the photos, just ask to join the group and Mike or I will approve it and you can see tons of photos from our events.

[Listen to upcoming Episode 105 for more information!]
HPC2013 - Minotaurs
HPC2014 - White Scars
HPC2015 - Ultramarines
HPC2016 - Ultramarines

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 am

Gigantor wrote: What happened to Justin, was he late to recording Hammerlords this week?
Hahahha Hammerlords (tm)

Family stuff. There was some confusion over scheduling with his fiance and so it was getting a bit late. He's a good dad.
Carl Tuttle

Stinger

Post by Stinger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 am

Gigantor, we have the rules up on the EndGame store webpage here.
+++Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men.+++

You And What Army - An Occasional Blog About Miniatures

Tuatara

Post by Tuatara » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

Although we would have totally understood if there was a delay, very much appreciate it being up today. I fly off to Sydney later on this morning, so this will be a great listen on that trip. Also glad you are doing this as at our club, we have tried and failed a few times to get a campaign going, so I look forward to some tips and tricks.

Cheers guys.
My HPC2014 progress: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6304&p=68414#p68414
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

cvtuttle
IC Staff

Post by cvtuttle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Tuatara wrote:Although we would have totally understood if there was a delay, very much appreciate it being up today. I fly off to Sydney later on this morning, so this will be a great listen on that trip. Also glad you are doing this as at our club, we have tried and failed a few times to get a campaign going, so I look forward to some tips and tricks.

Cheers guys.
I would say the two biggest points to a successful campaign (assuming the person running it is solid):

1. Have a set end time/date.
2. Keep it simple (especially for large or fairly new campaign players) in terms of rules.
Carl Tuttle

Gigantor

Post by Gigantor » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:22 pm

cvtuttle wrote:
Gigantor wrote: What happened to Justin, was he late to recording Hammerlords this week?
Hahahha Hammerlords (tm)

Family stuff. There was some confusion over scheduling with his fiance and so it was getting a bit late. He's a good dad.
So Hammerlords(tm) is just code word for changing diapers, I see.
Paint for the Paint God!!
Brushes for his Throne!!
Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint. Glue, Prime, Paint.

Warmonger
Site Admin

Post by Warmonger » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Too funny Gigantor. The inside jokes on this cast keep flowing. Yeah real life does indeed get in the way sometimes. Thanks for understanding everyone. Now back to working on Horus ;)

-J

cicero

Post by cicero » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Great episode guys! :) Always great to hear from dave taylor. Or Dave who Paints. In fact, all Daves who come on the show are great.
2016 HPC Waaagh!Armour Get' em

Return to “Show Discussion”