The ICs 2016 Hobby Progress Challenge

All previous years HPC threads can be found within as well!
blockade23

Re: The ICs 2016 Hobby Progress Challenge

Post by blockade23 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:24 am

Just discovered I have enough Grey Knights to make a 'Counts as' Librarian Conclave for a space marine detachment - Even though 1 Librarian is an IC, a Conclave counts as a unit... yes?
HPC-2016

Wisdom Hunters Warband & Renegades!
4th Arcadian IG
Crimson Consuls SM
Deathwatch Haltmoat Force Quartus

Record 2017 - 11/8/2
Acquired 2017:11 Painted: 108
Last Acquired: Cultists
Last Painted: Skeletons
WIP: Scenery (I Have a problem(?)

Airborne248

Post by Airborne248 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi all,

First time participating in the HPC!!

Just wondering, do you guys normally just post one commitment and complete that one before moving on to the next? (and am I interpreting the rules right?)

My February HPC is a 10 man Black Legion Tactical Squad. I posted that, and I'm assuming that if I finish it before February 15th, I can post another commitmen (Helbrute is next up.)

Now lets say I am almost finished with the Helbrute on Feb 14th, do I have to complete the Helbrute before posting the next commitment? Could I post another commitment when I've got one going to try and maximize the last two weeks of February?

I am probably overthinking this, I just want to make sure I'm following the rules & the spirit of the challenge. :) Looking forward to seeing all of your painted stuff!!

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Airborne248 wrote:Hi all,

First time participating in the HPC!!

Just wondering, do you guys normally just post one commitment and complete that one before moving on to the next? (and am I interpreting the rules right?)

My February HPC is a 10 man Black Legion Tactical Squad. I posted that, and I'm assuming that if I finish it before February 15th, I can post another commitmen (Helbrute is next up.)

Now lets say I am almost finished with the Helbrute on Feb 14th, do I have to complete the Helbrute before posting the next commitment? Could I post another commitment when I've got one going to try and maximize the last two weeks of February?

I am probably overthinking this, I just want to make sure I'm following the rules & the spirit of the challenge. :) Looking forward to seeing all of your painted stuff!!
Feel free to post as many commitments as you want, but I find it easier to just do one at a time. That way you never have to go back and edit your post.

erd

Post by erd » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Loopy, how about an answer to the AdMech question that has been asked 3 times now.

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:30 pm

The factions are currently as follows:

Adeptus Mechanicus (includes Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, and 30k Mechanicum)
Agents of the Imperium (includes Adepta Sororitas, Inquisition, and Officio Assassinorum)
Astra Militarum (includes Astra Militarum, Militarum Tempestus, and 30k Solar Auxilia)
Blood Angels
Chaos Space Marines (includes Chaos Space Marines and Renegades)
Chaos Daemons
Dark Angels
Eldar (includes Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, and Corsairs)
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights (includes 40k and 30k)
Khorne Daemonkin
Legiones Astartes (30k)
Necrons
Orks
Space Marines
Space Wolves
Tau
Tyranids

AlusCWM

Post by AlusCWM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:03 am

Lovely, thank you Loopy ^^ Glad I can even add in my 30k Mechanicum onto the painting lines!

cerus

Post by cerus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:11 am

This comes round again just as I was gearing up to make a dent into my backlog of hobby projects, what good timing!

I took part a couple of years ago but fell away due to non hobby commitments and not having much time to paint, this year though I should be able to clear some of those units off the painting desk and get to playing with a fully painted army! 8-)

Loopy
IC Staff

Post by Loopy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm

DeMante wrote:What if we are painting multiple factions, how does that work out?
Loopy wrote:If a participant has two or more units painted in a particular faction, they will be considered a member of that faction.

pabloescobear

Post by pabloescobear » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 am

This was allowed last year and I realized that I posted my first completed commitment without confirming for this year.

We can wait to base all of our models of a faction at the same time rather than doing them for each month, correct?

Return to “The ICs 2016 Hobby Progress Challenge”